What to Expect During LASIK
- Prior to scheduling your surgery, Dr. Jay Rudd will conduct a thorough evaluation of your eyes to determine their overall health and suitability for LASIK surgery.
- As part of your evaluation, the Wavefront Optimized or Topography guided system is used to make a blueprint of your eyes. This blueprint serves as the individual road map for your LASIK procedure, giving you a truly customized result that is far superior to the typical “sale” LASIK procedures you hear advertised.
- During the surgery, the precise, virtually painless Wavelight FS200 femtosecond laser is used to make a thin flap in your cornea.
- Dr. Rudd then uses the Alcon WaveLight Refractive Suite laser to reshape your cornea, based on your unique vision and eye characteristics.
- Once your cornea is reshaped, the flap is repositioned and your LASIK procedure is complete.
The entire procedure takes only about 20 minutes, and the result for most people is great vision without glasses or contacts.
To find out if your eyes are right for LASIK in Olympia, Washington, schedule your complimentary LASIK screening consultation today. LASIK screenings and LASIK surgery is performed by Dr. Rudd at his brand new LASIK center Aurora LASIK. Click here to learn more.