This summary of our privacy practices contains a condensed version of our Notice of Privacy Practices. Our full-length Notice of Privacy Practices will be made available by request.
Eye Physicians of Olympia, Inc PS dba Clarus Eye Centre and its’ affiliates, Laser & Surgery Center, LLC and Clarus Optical, LLC understand your medical information is personal to you, so we are committed to protecting the information about you. As our patient, we create medical records about your health, our care for you, and the services and/or items we provide to you as our patient. By law, we are required to make sure that your Protected Health Information (PHI) is kept private.
How will we use or disclose your information? Here are a few examples (for more detail please refer to the Notice of Privacy Practices that follows this summary):
- For medical treatment
- To obtain payment for our services
- In emergency situations
- For appointment and patient recall reminders
- To run our Practice more efficiently and ensure all our patients receive quality care
- For research
- To avert a serious threat to health or safety
- For organ and tissue donation
- For workers' compensation programs
- In response to certain requests arising out of lawsuits or other disputes
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with Clarus or with the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. To file a complaint with Clarus, contact our Privacy Officer or Executive Director. Please submit your complaint in writing. You will not be penalized for filing a complaint.
You have certain rights regarding the information we maintain about you. These rights include:
- The right to inspect and copy
- The right to amend
- The right to an accounting of disclosures
- The right to request restrictions
- The right to a paper copy of this notice
- The right to request confidential communications
For more information about these rights, please request to see the detailed Notice of Privacy Practices.