LIGHT ADJUSTABLE LENS™ for Cataracts
Now available at Clarus Eye Centre in Lacey, WA!
Using a special lens material designed by a Nobel Prize-winning scientist, RxSight has developed the first intraocular lens (IOL) that allows you and your physician to optimize your vision following cataract surgery.
Despite numerous advances in modern cataract surgery technologies, only 6 out of 10 cataract patients achieve their targeted vision, and an even smaller percentage achieve excellent vision at all distances. This is because it is very difficult to predict how your eye will heal before your cataract surgery.
With the LIGHT ADJUSTABLE LENS™ for cataracts, you can now customize your vision after your cataract surgery. You will have the unique ability to adjust and preview your vision until it meets your personal desires and lifestyle requirements. This optimization is done by your eye doctor after lens implantation through a series of office-based light treatment procedures that take only a few minutes each.
The Light Adjustable Lens delivers for cataracts delivers superior visual outcomes that non-adjustable IOLs cannot match.² In a study of 600 subjects, those who received the Light Adjustable Lens followed by adjustments were twice as likely to achieve 20/20 distance vision at 6 months without glasses as those who received a standard monofocal IOL.
LAL Fast Facts:
- The first and only adjustable intraocular lens (IOL) that allows your physician to customize your vision after your cataract surgery
- Patients who received the Light Adjustable Lens followed by adjustments were twice as likely to achieve 20/20 vision at 6 months without glasses as those who received a standard monofocal IOL
- The cataract removal and IOL implantation procedure is the same as if you selected a non-adjustable IOL
- The Light Adjustable Lens is made of a special photosensitive material that changes the shape and power of your implanted lens in response to ultraviolet (UV) light
- You will have the unique ability to preview and compare possible vision outcomes based on your preferences and lifestyle requirements
- Light treatments that precisely reshape your implanted lens are delivered in your doctor’s office to adjust your vision to the desired target
- Light treatments are painless, non-invasive, and last approximately 90 seconds
- You may need 2 to 4 total light treatments over a period of 1 to 2 weeks to reach your vision goals
- You will need to wear special UV protective glasses during all waking hours (from time of lens implantation until after the last light treatment is completed) to prevent exposure to indoor and outdoor sources of UV light that can cause uncontrolled changes to the Light Adjustable Lens
IS THE LIGHT ADJUSTABLE LENS™ FROM RxSight® FOR CATARACT SURGERY PATIENTS RIGHT FOR YOU?
Ready to schedule your consultation? Contact us today!