Clarus Eye Centre Re-Opening Plan and Dates
UPDATED MAY 13th, 2020
To Our Patients and Our Community:
We appreciate your patience as we navigate these trying times. We are grateful to our doctors, staff, and patients who have helped us remain open so that we can continue to provide vision-saving medical and surgical care to our patients and community during this crisis. The governor has slightly eased the restrictions on the delivery of medical care. We are now able to offer all eye care services when medically necessary. This means that we can see patients for evaluation of new problems and monitoring of chronic medical conditions. We can also provide examinations for eyeglasses and contact lenses in some cases, such as if the prescription is needed in order to safely work, drive, or care for yourself or your family. The surgery center is scheduled to reopen for medically necessary operations on May 18th. Surgery is considered medically necessary if it is needed to prevent harm or to restore a person’s ability to safely drive, read, work, or perform any other necessary activity. If the governor pushes these dates further out, we will make every effort to keep you updated.
COVID-19 ONGOING RESPONSE: The next time you come to Clarus you will notice some changes. Please take comfort in the many precautions we are taking to ensure your safety as you visit our clinic. In accordance with the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), federal, state and local health agencies, we are taking the following actions:
- We screen all visitors to our facility for fever and cold symptoms. Anyone with cough, difficulty breathing, or a fever over 100 degrees will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- New COVID 19 symptoms have been identified, so people with fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell will also be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- We ask all visitors and our staff to wear a mask or other face covering, such as a bandana or homemade cloth mask.
- We ask that patients and doctors limit speaking during exams and treatments, when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- We practice strict hand hygiene and frequently sanitize surfaces in our facility throughout the day.
- Protective barriers have been constructed between patients and staff where possible.
- We have rearranged our spaces to meet social distancing requirements.
- Caregivers and family members who accompany patients to their appointments should wait in their vehicles unless their presence is necessary.
- Doctor schedules have been modified to reduce wait times and hopefully prevent crowding.
- All physicians and staff are highly trained regarding safe and sterile protocols and will continue to practice all exams and procedures with great care.
- We now offer telemedicine for medical visits, allowing you to see your doctor from the safety of your home. Many patients find this to be an effective and convenient way of receiving the care they need. If you would like to schedule a telemedicine visit, please call (360) 456-3200.
Clarus Eye Centre remains open, providing essential medical and surgical care for our patients and community. We have updated the way we deliver care to ensure the safety of our patients and staff while continuing to offer the highest quality care. If you have an appointment scheduled in the coming weeks and these changes make it necessary to change your appointment, we will call you to reschedule. If you have not been contacted, please keep your appointment as scheduled.
If you wish to reschedule, convert to telemedicine, or confirm your appointment, please call (360) 456-3200. Please understand that we have reduced staffing and increased call volumes so wait times may be longer than normal. To learn more about our services, including our telemedicine visits, please visit www.claruseye.com.
We take the safety of our Clarus family seriously– and you, our patients, are part of our extended family. The health and safety of our patients and staff remains our highest priority and we hope our response reflects that. We expect this pandemic to affect the way we live and practice medicine for many months to come and we will continue to adapt to these changes so that we can all stay safe while delivering vision-saving care to our patients.
Each day brings new information, and we, like many other healthcare providers in our area, are committed to weathering this storm with you so that when we’ve seen the worst of this pandemic pass, we will still be here to serve your every eye care need, as we have for more than 50 years. Thank you for choosing Clarus.
Sincerely, The Doctors and Staff at Clarus Eye Centre
SHARE THIS POST
SCHEDULE YOUR NEXT EXAM TODAY!
Let our team of highly trained doctors find the right treatment to suit your needs. Simply fill out our form to schedule your next eye exam consultation.