TRADITIONAL CATARACT SURGERY – Involves replacing the cataract-affected lens with a monofocal intraocular lens (IOL). Monofocal IOLs provide clear vision for one distance only and do not correct astigmatism, so patients often need glasses after surgery.
PREMIUM LASER CATARACT SURGERY – With today’s advanced technology, it is now possible to reduce or eliminate your dependence on glasses after cataract surgery. Premium Laser Cataract Surgery offers a greater level of precision and customization than traditional cataract surgery. Our surgeons utilize the Catalys® Femtosecond Laser and the ORA™ Wavefront Aberrometer to customize a surgical plan for your best visual outcome. We offer advanced IOL options to correct your specific vision needs. The Premium Laser Cataract Surgery Options are listed below.
- Low Astigmatism Correction – We now have the ability to correct lower levels of astigmatism with greater precision and accuracy than before. A monofocal lens is implanted and the Catalys® laser is used to correct the astigmatism. This will provide patients excellent vision in one focal point, without the blur caused by astigmatism.
- High Astigmatism Correction – Many patients have higher levels of astigmatism that cannot be fully corrected with the laser. In these patients, specially designed TORIC (astigmatism-correcting) lenses are used. These lenses allow our surgeons to correct higher levels of astigmatism as well as nearsightedness or farsightedness.
- Monovision – Some patients may elect to have a “monovision” result. This is where one eye is corrected for distance vision and the other eye is corrected for near vision. Although not everyone is a candidate, we have many happy patients enjoying their monovision correction.
- Multifocal Implants – Multifocal lenses will give patients the most freedom from glasses with the ability to focus on objects both up-close as well as at a distance without bifocals, progressive lenses or reading glasses. There are several advanced styles of multifocal lenses available. Your surgeon will help you choose the multifocal lens that best suits your individual needs.
Using sophisticated technology, your Clarus surgeon will carefully evaluate your eyes to determine which lens option is right for you. We are proud to offer the following array of intraocular lenses:
- Monofocal lenses – TECNIS®; Acrysof
- TORIC (astigmatism correcting) lenses – TECNIS®; Acrysof
- Tecnis® family of multifocal lenses; ReStor multifocal lens
- Specialty lenses as needed
Contact us today to schedule a cataract evaluation.