During a thorough cataract evaluation, your surgeon will:
- Dilate both eyes to evaluate your retina and perform other diagnostic tests
- Evaluate your eye health; the condition of the cornea, lens and retina and your systemic health
- Identify the presence of cataracts
- Determine if your cataracts should be removed immediately or if surgery can wait
- Discuss the various replacement intraocular lens (IOL) options
Please arrange to have someone drive you home after your evaluation, as you may experience blurry vision or light sensitivity as a result of the dilation.
Once we have determined the cause of your vision problems and discussed treatment options, you can decide how you want to proceed. We will happily answer all of your questions so you will feel 100% confident in your decision.
Most of our patients find our Olympia, Washington,cataract screening process enlightening. Contact us today to schedule your cataract screening.